Stretching yourself brings you maximum effort with effortless flow, aligning with spirit and purpose – Ron Broussard
Stretching is more than a warm up or cool down in a fitness routine. Healthy mind and body benefit from regular stretching whether it consists of static, dynamic or both. Start your day in a positive relaxed frame of mind with stretching and have a more relaxed sleep after evening stretches.
Why should your stretch it out everyday?
Stretching is just an awesome expansive practice for your body and mind, especially if you spend a lot of hours working on your laptop. You don’t need to do intensive stretching, yoga or pilates to benefit from stretching. Just let your body go with the flow of the day. I find that stretching helped me a lot with my posture and freedom of movement. Both are fundamental for modeling and dancing that I love, but I also noticed changes in my mood and overall welbeing.
Here are some of the benefits of stretching:
- Increased blood circulation : Get your blood flowing to every cell of your body with stretching.
- Post-workout recovery: Stretching helps to lower your heart rate after an intense workout and cool down! It is important after high intensity training, as it stops the release of the lactic acid. Stretching increases the blood flow that aid your muscles in post exercise recovery and repair.
- A healthy mindset: Stretching as a former of exercise releases endorphins while reducing your stress levels. Stress increases muscle tension not to mention mental anxiety. Stretching hinges helps release tension in your muscles which helps you relax and give a different view on your situations.
- Increased flexibility and mobility: Stretching helps your body maintain fluidity and keep your joints loose. This in turn reduces risk of injury. Your body will be able to achieve the same movement with less energy since it is relaxed and more mobile.
- Improved posture: Keep your posture correct by lengthening tight muscles which pull your body out of alignment (even if it’s only slightly). Relaxed muscles and a healthy spine will encourage your body to sit and stand correctly without strain.
- Higher energy levels: Fatigue or tiredness causes our muscles to contract causing our bodies to feel more tired and lethargic. Stretching helps give your body that much needed boost of energy.
Enjoy the multitude of benefits of stretching every day, next time you stretch after a workout or include dynamic stretching before your jog. Night or day including stretching in your daily routine will keep you healthy, flexible and well rested. If you are pressed for time in your day, throw in a few stretches when you need a change of scenery or a break from your work. Don’t forget to breath and stay hydrated during your stretching routines!
Your mind and body will thank you,